Interview with Kenneth Avery Clarke from American Musical Theatre Academy
by Mr. Wright at EducateZap.com
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and your position at American Academy.
I’m a West End actor and a director and producer of theatre. I’m also Principal of American Musical Theatre Academy.
2. How would you describe American Academy in under 100 words?
American Academy is a musical theatre academy that’s run by the very best theatre experts. We aim to provide our students with everything they need for a life singing on the stage. We’ve had numerous students end up on the boards on the West End and Broadway.
3. How is American Academy different from other schools?
The level of experience our staff have working in all aspects of theatre makes our faculty stand out and gives us a huge advantage over other schools.
4. Where do you think American Academy is making an impact?
The growth of musical theatre in recent years required a quality course that got students ready in terms of both theory and practice for the stage. I like to think we’re the best in both these areas.
5. What are the major focus areas of American Academy and Why?
Our area of focus is to make out students the best they can be. Life in musical theatre isn’t easy and we push our students to be the very best and to make the upmost effort – we motivate as well as teach.
6. Where do you see American Academy in the next 5 years?
We’ve recently opened up two more courses – one of which THEAMTA is in New York, USA. It’s an exciting venture for us and we expect both our London and US operations to really grow in the next five years.
7. What tips would you give to someone who is looking to work for a school like American Academy as a teacher or employee?
Love what you do and show us you love what you do
8. What tips would you give to someone who is looking to attend American Musical Theatre Academy as a student?
It’s not going to be easy, but hard work and determination are a bit part of the success
9. What’s the hardest part about maintaining the success of American Academy?
Time is often hard to come by – all of our faculty have a number of strings to their bow. Ensuring we can fit everything in is exhausting sometimes – but we love it.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Online Education Articles: Winning Interview Series.